So you have finally decided to take the Plunge and set up your Blog? Great! Well it is so much easier then you think. It will take you about 15 minutes and You will be up and running. Just relax, Grab a Tea or coffee and start here..
There are four steps to take:
- Find your hosting
- Pick your domain name
- Install WordPress
- Make it Pretty
For Hosting there is only one really good choice and that is BlueHost. It’s what I use and millions of users agree that It is the Very Best.
First let’s take a look at BlueHost and why I chose them:
- Their service, reliability and usability.
- Bluehost has worked hard to make their Control Panel easier to use.
- Bluehost has partnered with MOJO Marketplace to make installing WordPress a breeze.
- They also offer courteous and professional 24 hour in-house technical support for your hosting account 7 days of the week all year long. That means when you call in at 1 in the morning on a Thursday, you are calling to the same place that your hosting account is at and some one there will be able to help you.
- For $5.45 a month you can host unlimited websites, email accounts and domains; all on one account.
- Bluehost uses custom built servers, this provides the most stable and reliable hosting environment.
Also, to help make sure that there is little to no risk for you, Bluehost has a 30 day money back guarantee. So, if their hosting is not what you need or want, you can cancel at anytime.
Now you need to pick your domain name. You can check availability and proceed below:
Once you have completed registration for BlueHost you can Install WordPress. This is what you will see:
Click on Install WordPress.
From there it will ask what domain you want to install it on. Click your domain or choose to set things up on a temporary domain.
Then you will come to another page. Leave the default options and click complete.
You will then receive an installation complete page and the login url for your site as well as as a password. Take note of this as it will be the domain you will go to log-in. It is yourdomain.com/wp-admin and it will take you to a screen like this where you can enter your username / password.
That’s it! Now you get to do the really important stuff. You get to pick your Theme and Plugins and make the site feel like Home. You can pick a free theme but you need to know you get what you pay for. Free themes are very generic and you cannot work with them very easily to accomplish much. Paid themes are well worth the money and it’s a one time investment. You can be so much more creative and do so much more with them. Go over to our Themes pageand look at our Gallery. You can click on any theme to view more information. You can also check out Creative Market Here. They also have Plugins, Stock photography, Premade Logos and so much more! Everything you need is there.
Once you purchase a theme, here’s how easy it is to install.
That’s it. Follow these steps and you will be up and running in no time.
PIN IT FOR LATER
More Theme Resources:
*Disclosure: This website is independently owned, operated and monetized with (but not limited to) ads and affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure page here for more information.